Your GI tract has an internal environment made of trillions of organisms. While this environment is affected by factors outside your control like your genetics and age, the things that most impact this environment is what is put in and what comes out of it. Due to how much is influenced by the health of the GI tract, like immune function, how vitamins and minerals are absorbed, digestion, and even brain function, it is very important to have a clear understanding of what is going on inside your gut. A microbiome assessment will provide this clear understanding and will help to create a personalized nutrition plan for optimizing your gut.
When should you take a Microbiome Assessment?
- Regular diarrhea or constipation
- Fatigue, low energy, or brain fog.
- Frequent heartburn
- Excessive gas or bloating
- Frequent cramping or abdominal pain
- After multiple rounds of antibiotics.
- You have IBD, IBS, or a family history of either.
- You experience insulin resistance, metabolic disease, or obesity
Benefits of a Microbiome Assessment:
- Provides recommendations for dietary, supplement, and lifestyle habits.
- Identifies areas of potential health risk and area of improvement.
- Useful for improving mood, brain health, fitness, athletic performance, immune function, and recovery.
- Helps fight aging.